Musings of a Fashionista Trapped in Tech

Musings about fashion, handbags, work, and finances. For all the independent women who love the finer things in life but still want to remain financially responsible.

Saturday, July 01, 2006

Can't wait for the Confessions Tour!

It has been so unbelievably crazy the entire month of May and June that it just hit me that this blog is in serious need of an update. I planned and hosted my company's annual event in June that fortunately was a smashing success. After all the sleepless nights and 18 hour workdays fretting over the logistics, turnout, etc. I was just so glad it's over. BTW, for those following my adventures in hiring an assistant... I found the perfect one! She's been onboard since late May and thank goodness she was there to help with the event. So why was she better than rest? She researched our company, came prepared with questions, dressed professionlly, is intelligent and articulate, and demonstrated a "can do" attitude that I really needed to see. I'm so happy with the hire and have always treated my assistants well (no devil wears prada drama here!) .

Almost immediately after the big company event, the hub and I were actually able to get away for a wee
k on a spur-of-the-moment cruise to the bahamas that lead to a new purchase.. a diamond accented Phillip Stein Teslar watch. Mine looks slightly different than the pic, with roman numerals on the dial. Killer deal though, with tax and duty savings and my tough negiotiations, I got it for about 30% below US Retail. I know it sound hokey, but the watch as these "electromagnetic" chips in it that supposedly calms you, reduces stress, and decreases all the electro-stuff that courses through your body due to cellphones, computers, etc. Not that I really believe all this.. just love the look of the watch and it didn't hurt that Oprah and Madonna wear this!

On the subject of this post... I simply cannot wait to see Madonna in concert again this year! I'm going to the July 16th show in Atlantic City and have just heard nothing but the most fabulous reviews. A quick shout out to MadonnaTribe.com, they have the most comprehensive info on the confessions tour. I've been checking out that site to see the set list, etc. I've been a fan since 6th grade and think she is just an incomparable live performer. I even ordered the tour book and a t-shirt online which made my husband shake his head and asked if I was too old for all this. :) He's such a great guy, he teased me about all this, but he's driving me to AC and the one who made the hotel reservations. I can't wait..


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home