Musings of a Fashionista Trapped in Tech

Musings about fashion, handbags, work, and finances. For all the independent women who love the finer things in life but still want to remain financially responsible.

Thursday, March 09, 2006

Yay for Chloe!

Just got back from Vegas, and the trip ended up stressing me out because of the multiple flight problems. In a nutshell, United cancelled our outbound flight and we ended up arriving at 9pm versus 11am on Sunday. Lost a whole day of fun, *sigh*. I caught up with my TiVO and watched the finale of Project Runway. I am thrilled that Chloe won, she totally deserved it. Throughout the season, her and Daniel V. were the standouts, but Daniel's collection was blah. Hmmm, perhaps I should look into purchasing a few pieces from her boutique Lot 8.

Ultimately, Chloe's right, fashion is a business and you have to also have pieces that people will buy. Her statement that she also designed with marketability really struck a chord with the judges. I can't wait to see what else she's going to come up with!

So back to Vegas. I'm quite proud of myself that I didn't go crazy shopping. I picked up a new Chanel wallet at Neiman's but I also had a gift card, so technically I didn't spend any of my own $$. If you ever get the chance to stay at THEHotel at Mandalay Bay, do it, the rooms were BEAUTIFUL! Very contemporary and chic with plasma TV's throughout the suite. Loved it! I'll update more on my trip later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home